Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sample Work

If there's one thing I've learned in the past year, it's that books with all types of materials. Below please view some samples of my work from the past year.

Artist Interview Book

9.24.08 080

9.24.08 081

This book was inspired after meeting and interview a mosaic artist living in Baltimore. The assignment was simply to create a book. There rules were pretty loose.  I decided to create a mosaic so I could fully understand the artist before writing a feature story.

Art Exhibit Book

9.24.08 087

This book was inspired after spending one hour at an art exhibit in DC. I sketched a photograph taken by Ansel Adams of a carved wall in California. I then took the photo I sketched and carved it onto chalkboards, which serves as the front and back of the food. The inside stories focus on individual names on the carving.

9.24.08 088

Book about a Color

9.24.08 089

The assignment for this book was to write about a color using text and images. I decided to make a create-your-own adventure book that starts with the first envelope.

9.24.08 091

The story can go in one of two directions. Number 7 is missing at the moment.

Daily Journal

9.24.08 083

I made all of the above books and this journal in the same course. The assignments for the journal varied from week to week, but we were able to take this in many directions.

9.24.08 084

No comments: